Group check out of musical parts
We check out musical parts for an orchestra or for wind instruments to amateur bands that are active in metropolitan Tokyo. Please contact us by telephone to inquire about the archive status of musical parts.
Conditions on usage
- Persons who are qualified to use our facilities shall be limited to amateur bands that are active in metropolitan Tokyo.
- When checking items out, you will need to be registered as a band.
- You can check out up to 2 items per checkout (only musical parts for an orchestra and for wind instruments) and for a period of up to 3 months.
Please also view the FAQ regarding musical parts
1. Complete the musical parts usage application form
- Please download the Musical Parts Usage Application Form *Japanese only.
- Please complete the names of the representative, the musical parts users, and the guarantor (5 persons) and place your seal. Each person shall be a different person.In the event the representative will also be a user for reasons beyond one's control, please make sure to enter 3 persons as users.
- Please provide a person as the musical parts user who can come check out the musical parts and go return this.
- The guarantor must be an adult (This person may not be a student.). If student, this student must be an advisor or conductor.
2. Submitting your application
Please bring your application form to the reference room counter together with the documents hereunder.
- List of members of your group (You can list just their names and the part for which they are responsible. There is no need to list contact information such as address.)
- Program of recent performances (We will verify the activities of your group)
- Envelope addressed to the guarantor with a 82 yen stamp
3. Sending your user card
After you are approved, we will send a musical parts user card to the guarantor.The card will be valid for 1 year from the date of approval.
4. Changing the information on your application form
In the event changes are made to any of the items below during the period of effect, please submit the relevant forms.
5. Updating your registration
In the event you will update your registration, you will need to submit application documentation (5 documents) for each year. In the event the effective period of your card expires during the period in which you have checked out a musical score, please update your registration as soon as possible. Also, in the event due to rotation, all registered individuals will be changed during the effective period, we ask that you submit an application documentation and not a filing for changes.
Rules regarding usage
- Please always bring your musical parts user card when you check out and return any musical parts.
- You may not return what you checked out by mail.Please always respect your return date.
- Please never write on the musical sheets.
- If you lose or damage a musical part, please submit a musical parts (damage) form, and you will make restitution by replacing it with the same musical part.
On the application of the copyright laws
- We do not allow performances for profit.
- We do not allow checked out orchestral parts to be copied.
- In the event of problems with copyrights as a result of usage, the group will be held responsible.
- If you do not follow the instructions of our staff regarding copying, cause damages, and delays, we may remove your registration.
|Musical parts handling hours||Tuesday through Friday: 11:30-18:00|
|Saturdays, Sundays, holidays: 11:30-16:30|
|* Except when the room is closed.|