Orchestral parts checkout to Groups
We lend out sheet music for orchestral parts including those of wind orchestra to amateur bands that are active in metropolitan Tokyo. Please contact us by telephone to inquire for the availability of the orchestral parts.
Conditions on usage
- Persons who are qualified to use our facilities shall be limited to amateur bands that are active in metropolitan Tokyo.
- When checking items out, you will need to be registered as a band.
*After submitting your application, it will take 7 to 10 days for your status to be valid for orchestral parts checkout.
- You can check out up to 2 items per request (only orchestral and wind orchestral parts) and for a period of up to 3 months.
Please also view the FAQ regarding for orchestral parts.
1. Complete the orchestral parts usage application form
- Please download the Orchestral Parts Usage Application Form.
- Please complete the names of the representative, the orchestral parts users, and the guarantor (5 persons) and place your seal. Each person shall be a different person. In the event the representative will also be a user for reasons beyond one's control, please make sure to enter 3 persons as users.
- Please provide a person as the orchestral parts user who can come check out the orchestral parts and return them.
- The guarantor must be an adult (This person may not be a student.). If student, this student must be an advisor or conductor.
2. Submitting your application
Please bring your application form to the reference room counter together with the documents hereunder.
- List of members of your group (You can list just their names and the part for which they are responsible. There is no need to list contact information such as address.)
- Program of recent performances (We will verify the activities of your group)
- Envelope addressed to the guarantor with a 84 yen stamp (The envelope is for sending the orchestral parts user card)
3. Sending your user card
After you are approved, we will send an orchestral parts user card to the guarantor.The card will be valid for 1 year from the date of approval.
*It will take 7 to 10 days for the user card to be sent out. Once you receive the card, the orchestral parts checkout will be available.
4. Changing the information on your application form
In the event changes are made to any of the items below during the period of effect, please submit the relevant forms.
5. Updating your registration
On updating your registration, you will need to submit application documentation (5 documents) for each year. In the event the effective period of your card expires during the period in which you have checked out sheet music, please update your registration as soon as possible. Also, in the event all registered individuals will be changed during the effective period due to group member rotation, we ask that you submit application documentation and not a filing for change request.
Rules regarding usage
- Please always bring your orchestral parts user card when you check out and return any of the orchestral parts.
- You may not return what you checked out by mail. Please always respect your return date.
- Please never write on the sheet music.
- If you lose or damage sheet music for the orchestral parts, please submit an orchestral parts loss or damage report, and you will make restitution by replacing it with the same orchestral parts.
On the application of the copyright laws
- We do not allow performances for profit.
- We do not allow checked out orchestral parts to be copied.
- In the event of problems with copyrights as a result of usage, the group will be held responsible.
- If you do not follow the instructions of our staff regarding copying, damages, and delays, we may remove your registration.
|Service hours regarding orchestral parts||Tuesday through Friday: 11:30-18:00|
|Saturdays, Sundays, holidays: 11:30-16:30|
|(Telephone Inquiries: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00-17:00)|
|* Except when the library is closed.|