The 20th Tokyo Music Competition, Final Round: Voice Section
The Tokyo Music Competition aims to discover, foster, and support the young gifted performers who will become the forefront of the music world. Stay with us to see the emerging artists flap to the world from the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan with their vigorous performances!
* Upon attending the performance, please visit this link to go through our precautionary measures and notice to visitors to help prevent the COVID-19 spread.
Please note that there might be changes depending on decisions and orders by the Japanese and Tokyo Metropolitan Government and other governmental authorities.
Fri, Aug 26, 2022 16:00 (Open 15:15)
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Main Hall
|Genre||TBK productions Orchestra Competition|
Notice to our patrons who are attending this performance
Please follow the below measures to help prevent the COVID-19 spread. Your understanding and cooperation are much appreciated.
⁃ We ask you not to come to the venue if you seem to have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, or simply not feeling well.
⁃ Wear a face mask to cover your nose and mouth. Please show consideration for fellow audience members.
⁃ Strictly follow the precautions against infectious diseases such as the cough etiquette and washing and disinfecting your hands frequently.
⁃ Our staff members conduct temperature screening with thermal imaging cameras for all those who are entering the venue. If you have a fever of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher, you are not allowed to enter the venue.
⁃ No beverage is sold in the Main Hall area.
⁃ Show your ticket to the usher. Then tear off the stub by yourself and put it in the box.
⁃ We do not hand out program leaflets and such printed materials. Please pick them up by yourself from specific areas.
⁃ The cloakroom is not available.
⁃ We do not accept flowers and gifts for the artists. Nor can you give them directly to the artists.
⁃ Allow enough time to get into the venue.
Tokyo Music Competition
Artists & Program
Conductor: SONODA Ryuichiro
Orchestra: Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
* The estimated starting time of each performance is subject to change.
1. KURODA Yuki, Baritone
E.KORNGOLD: “Mein Sehnen, mein Wähnen (Pierrot’s Song)” from Die tote Stadt
G.MAHLER: from Des Knaben Wunderhorn
“Wo die schönen Trompeten blasen”
2. MAEKAWA Kensho, Tenor
G.DONIZETTI: “Tombe degli avi miei” from Lucia di Lammermoor
R.STRAUSS: “Di rigori armato il seno” from Der Rosenkavalier
G.VERDI: “Ella mi fu rapita! … Parmi veder le lagrime” from Rigoletto
3. KAWAKOSHI Miharu, Soprano
G.DONIZETTI: Mad Scene “Il dolce suono mi colpì di sua voce! … Spargi d’amaro pianto” from Lucia di Lammermoor
4. IKEUCHI Hibiki, Baritone
W.A.MOZART: “Madamina, il catalogo è questo” from Don Giovanni
V.BELLINI: “Ah! per sempre io ti perdei” from I puritani
G.VERDI: “È sogno o realtà?” from Falstaff
|Prices (tax included)||
Tickets go on sale at 15:00.
Reserved Seats 2,200yen
Senior (Aged 65 and above/100 seats): 1,980yen Pre-sale sold out
Persons with disabilities: 1,760yen (The price applies to one companion)
* The discount tickets are only available at the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office. Valid ID required.
* The tickets will be on sale by following the guidelines and other regulations set by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Please note that the ticket sales are subject to suspension depending on the restriction of the seating capacity and the sales situation.
* The frontmost row is the 4th row.
* On the ticket sales starting date, the tickets will be on sale at full capacity. (Some seating areas are blocked.)
Seating Chart of Main Hall
View Seating Chart
On Sale Date
Sat, May 14, 2022
Advance online sale for Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Members: Sat, May 7-Thu, May 12
* The winners' announcement and the awards ceremony after the final round may be conducted without audience, depending on the COVID-19 situation.
* The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
* Pre-school children are not allowed to observe this competition.
* Child care service is available (Reservation and fee required. A limited number of children is accepted.)
Event Child Care Service: Mother's 0120-788-222.
Reservation must be made by Fri, Aug 19, 17:00.
* There is no elevator or escalator in the Main Hall of the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan operated by Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture/ The Yomiuri Shimbun/ Kao Corporation/ Tokyo Metropolitan Government