For your visit to Tokyo Bunka Kaikan
- Is there any parking space for cars and bicycles?
- There is no parking space available for the visitors in the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan. Please use parking lots and garages available around the Ueno Park.
For further information about the parking nearby, please visit Getting Here.
- Is there an escalator or elevator in each hall?
- Please note that there is no escalator or elevator in both halls.
- Can I eat or drink in the halls?
- Although eating and drinking is allowed in both the foyers, please note that consuming food or beverages is not permitted in either auditorium.
- Can I smoke?
- No, smoking is not permitted. The entire building is smoke-free.
- Is there a cloakroom?
- There is a cloakroom in the Main Hall, and there are coin-operated lockers available with 100-yen refundable deposit in the Recital Hall.
- What if I leave or lose my belongings in the building of Tokyo Bunka Kaikan?
- Please contact Sales Promotion Section at +81-3-3828-2111.
Attending the Performances
- Can I enter the halls if I have lost or forgotten my ticket?
- Generally, it is not permitted to enter the halls without your ticket.
Please contact the organizer if you have lost or forgotten your ticket.
- Is there any way to know if there are breaks in the performance, and the estimated ending time?
- It depends on each performance. Please contact the organizer or the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan.
- Can I still enter the auditoriums if I am late to the performance?
- Although latecomers can enter the halls, they might have to wait until ushers guide them to the auditoriums for certain performances. Please contact the organizer for further details.
- Can I leave the halls during a break?
- Please get a reentry ticket at the reception desk before you leave the halls and show it when you come back.
- Can I record or film any performance?
- Photographing or sound and video recording of any performance is prohibited without the specific permission of the organizer or the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan.
- Where can I book a ticket?
- The tickets are available at the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office (on-site, by telephone, online). By phone, please call +81-3-5685-0650.
If the ticket of your requested performance is not available at the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office, please contact the organizer.
- Can I buy tickets at the door on the day of the performance?
- Please contact the organizer, as it depends on the performance.
- Are there any discounts for the tickets?
- Please contact the organizer, as it will vary depending on the performance.
About the accessibility for disabled persons
- Is there wheelchair accessible seating in the auditoriums?
- There are 14 wheelchair accessible seats on the 1st floor in the Main Hall, and 4 seats in the Recital Hall. You may purchase tickets for wheelchair accessible seats by contacting the organizer of the performance. When you arrive at the hall, please feel free to ask staff for assistance.
- Are there any wheelchair accessible restrooms? How many of them are there?
- There are 2 wheelchair accessible restrooms with multipurpose toilet seat in the entrance lobby on the 1st floor.
- Are there wheelchair rentals?
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for rent free of charge in the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan. Please contact Sales Promotion Section at +81-3-3828-2111 in advance.
- Can I bring my guide dog?
- Guide dogs are allowed in the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan. Please be sure to contact the organizer of the performance in advance.
- Is there a child-care room? How do I book it?
- There is a child-care room available only when the organizer provides it. Please contact the organizer for more details.
- Are there baby cribs and nursing rooms?
- Although there is no nursing room, a baby crib is equipped in the female restroom in the entrance lobby.
- Can children attend a performance?
- Please contact the organizer, as there might be an age restriction for certain performances. There are also performances and workshops specialized for children provided by certain organizers, therefore, please contact the organizer as well for further information.
Restaurants and Shops
- Can I enter the shops and the restaurants without a ticket?
- No tickets are necessary. Please feel free to visit the shops and restaurants.
- Can I have a light meal before or during the break of the performance?
- The bars in the Main and the Recital Hall foyers offer light snacks and drinks such as sandwiches, coffee, juices and alcoholic beverages.
Archives of the performances in the past
- Are there any past performances' archives I can access?
- There is a Music Library in the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan which houses the past performances' leaflets and other music related resources as well.
* For further details, please visit Music Library. You can also view the outline of the past performances at Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Online Archive (Only in Japanese).
- Do you have video and audio materials of the past performances?
- We have collections of video and audio materials commercially available on which certain past performances were recorded.
Please contact Music Library for the details.
- Can I visit the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan to see inside of the architecture? Is there a guided tour?
- There are backstage tours once or twice every year. Please visit the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan productions schedule for further details.
- Where can I get the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan press magazine "ONMYAKU"?
- You can pick up at the entrance lobby, Music Library, and other places in the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan. You can also download them from below link in PDF format.